Monday, December 3, 2012

Meeting HRH The Princess Royal at the 2012 WISE Award


Last Thursday I attended the 2012 WISE Award Ceremony at the IET in London. I had been shortlisted for the WISE Excellence Award (for women at an early career stage in STEM who show both a commitment to their chosen profession and a dedication to encouraging girls and young women in STEM careers). I didn't win - Jia-Yan Gu, a Researcher at BT was the very worthy winner - although I was delighted to have been shortlisted, and was the only academic scientist on the list.

A news item about my shortlisting is on the ICG website and the Women in SET at Portsmouth blog.

The award ceremony was attended by HRH The Princess Royal, who I briefly met following the ceremony. 

 All of the photos from the event are online here and below I picked out a selection of the ones with me - either in the audience (I'm towards the top right) or in a group meeting HRH.







No comments:

Post a Comment